Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Reverting back....


Ethan doesn't like food. He would be completely satisfied to live on liquids. Obviously this isn't a great idea, so I have tried many things in an attempt to get some food into his belly. He'll almost always eat yogurt, but I can't feed him that for every meal. Anyway, this afternoon I heated up some chicken/broccoli casserole thing I created the other day....of course, he took one bite, held it in his mouth FOREVER and then handed me his bowl and said "All Done". I freaked out a little...not on him of course, but mentally. How can it be healthy for a growing boy to refuse food at almost every meal?

I'm not sure why I even thought of this....but I pulled out this crazy food grinder (a gift from my precious and lifesaving mother-in-law when we got Ethan) and put it to work with this casserole. Wouldn't you know, the little man ATE! He ate everything in the bowl. I put some more in the grinder, and he ate that too! Does this really mean I have to start grinding up this kids meals? Was this just a freak, one-time thing?

The desperate measures we take sometimes as parents.....He's 2 years old now!! He will eat chips with all of their pointy edges just fine....he eats a cookie with no problem at all....gummy candies? Of course, that's easy too!

I guess we'll see how dinner goes....

2 comments:

Kristen said...

You'll have to let me know if he continues to eat well. My little Wade refuses to eat too. One or two bites and he is done. He will eat yogurt at any time. Kids are very frustrating!
Ethan looks very healthy though!

Mary said...

I'm a big fan of "Whatever works!!"