Monday, September 29, 2008

Taco Salad....


This has been one of my favorite meals for as long as I can remember. Growing up, one of the MAIN ingredients to a good taco salad was Doritos. I've heard many strange comments and seen many strange faces when I mention this part of the meal. Is my family strange? Does everybody else in the world use regular old tortilla chips? I don't know....I'm only lead to believe this because of the reactions I have gotten. Anyway, we had burritos the other night for dinner and ended up with some leftover stuff. In an attempt to use what I have lying around and not be wasteful I decided I'd put together a little taco salad for lunch today. I had all the right stuff....EXCEPT....that's right, I didn't have any Doritos. I was hungry, and already had my mind set on taco salad....so I put it together with some tortilla chips we had in the pantry. Don't get me wrong...it tasted ok. I felt full afterwards....but there was definitely something missing. I encourage anyone who has never tried taco salad with Doritos to step outside the box and give it a shot.

I just read over this post and all I have to say is this: this is the blog of a mostly stay-at-home mom....I guess sometimes the little things carry much more importance than they should. My priorities today included: getting the kids up and to school on time, stopping by the bank, folding some laundry, and now....going to the store to pick up some Doritos!

4 comments:

Erica said...

My dad texted me this comment: "You are a simple product of your twisted upbringing. That said, DORITOS RULE!"

Jessica said...

I love it - i am totally going to try it!

Lynda said...

I have had that at Papa Kelsey's and I thought it was just great. If I posted about some of the things I ate while growing up (and still) eat I don't think anyone would want to come over for dinner.

Mary said...

This is how my husband's family eats Taco Salad. It took me a while to get used to, but now I like it. :)

I totally get what you are saying about what is important to a stay at home mom ... all the little things ...